Attorney Profile: Claire M. Dawson
Claire M. Dawson joined the firm in 2015 as a senior associate after being convinced to join M. Trent Trani & Associates. Mr. Trani believed that she would be an asset to his firm and pursued her until she agreed to join him. As predicted, Ms. Dawson has been a great asset to Trani Law. She has successfully represented numerous clients since joining the firm. All of her former clients speak very highly of Ms. Dawson which has led to many direct referrals.
Ms. Dawson has extensive experience in the practice of criminal defense as well as domestic relations, and has also practiced at the appellate level. Her area of concentration though is criminal defense, as she is a zealous believer that anyone accused of a crime deserves an aggressive advocate in their corner.
Ms. Dawson’s skills include extensive motions practice and trial advocacy. An example of her successful motions practice includes a complete dismissal of a high-profile hate crime, based on her discovery of falsified information in arrest affidavits.
Ms. Dawson’s education, knowledge, trial skills and experience combine to make her a zealous and highly effective advocate for her clients. Having graduated from the University of Missouri School of Law, one of the top legal dispute resolution schools in the country, she earned a Certificate of Dispute Resolution. This experience puts Ms. Dawson among the top negotiating defense attorneys in Colorado.
Ms. Dawson represents the criminally accused throughout the Denver area, and the rest of the State of Colorado. Ms. Dawson offers free initial consultations, but meets with clients by appointment only. Please contact her to schedule your free consultation.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certificate of Dispute Resolution
- University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law, Columbia, Missouri J.D.
Honors and Awards
- National Arbitration Competition Finalist-2nd Place, ABA Board of Advocates, 2009
- Excellence for the future-Conflict Theory Top Honor, CALI, 2008
- Regional Arbitration Competition Finalist, ABA, 2008
- Top 10 under 40 for criminal defense NACDA (National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- The Burnham Law Firm, Associate Attorney
- Frankfurt & Trani, P.C., Associate Attorney
- The Reisch Law Firm, Associate Attorney
- Cantafio Hammond law firm, Associate Attorney
* State of Colorado